Oh wow! Thank you so much to Diane Home and Family for my second Liebster Award! I love the idea of the Liebster Award because, like it says, it helps you to discover new blogs, and at the same time, meet new people. Please go check out Diane’s blog.
The Rules If You Are Nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated you by linking their blog in your blog post.
2. Display the award on your blog – the easier way is by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. ‘The Global Aussie’ website has images of the Liebster Award you can save.
3. List up to 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional)
4. Nominate 5 bloggers for the Liebster Award who have less than 200 followers. (Make sure you ask permission once nominating them).
5. List the rules in your blog, so others are aware of the rules / what the award is
10 Random Facts About Me:
1. In the Jewish Religion you are named after relatives that have passed. The J from my first name (Joan) is in memory of my Uncle Josef who died in the Holocaust. He was my grandmother’s brother. At the same time, I was also named after two of my dad’s favorite singers: Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell.
2. Two of my favorite authors are Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain.
3. I started a pet-sitting business when I was 13 years old, and it was pretty successful for many years.
4. I am known for talking about inanimate objects like they are people with feelings and will refer to them as “hes” and “shes”. For example, let’s say I’m using a copy machine and it keeps getting jammed. I might say to someone, “He’s not feeling well today.” It was a teacher in High School who pointed out to me that I do this, and many people have pointed it out to me since.
5. When I was a teenager I used to love writing stories. Many people thought I would grow up to be an author. Maybe I’m doing that now through my blog?
6. The Beatles are my favorite band.
7. One of my favorite foods is potatoes.
8. I wear a necklace everyday that my husband gave me our first Christmas together. I never take it off.
9. My favorite scent is Lemon. Actually, I LOVE anything Lemon. Lemons make me happy.
10. My first pet was a cat named Maggie who I got when I was 4 years old.
My Questions From Diane:
***These are the questions for my nominations as well***
1. What is the best tip or advice for new bloggers? I’d say to write about what you know and what you’re passionate about. Be yourself 100%. Write about how you feel and show the world who you are. We are all unique and special. We all have something that we can share with the world. Who knows how your words and stories might help / inspire someone else.
2. If you were a character in a book, which would you be from what book? Yikes! I don’t know. I would say Laura Ingalls Wilder because I would have loved to know what it was like to live during pioneer days, but now that I’m reading Caroline: Little House, Revisited by Sarah Miller, I’m not too sure. It was a very hard life, although extremely rewarding once you made your stamp on the wild prairie. Plus, I love living off the land. If not Laura Ingalls Wilder, then definitely Felicity from the American Girls series of books. I LOVE Colonial Williamsburg and love that time period.
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I’m not sure. I get kind of anxious when I think too far ahead. I guess I will go with my standard answer which has always remained true for me. I’d like to be happy. With whatever I’m doing, wherever I am, all I want is to be happy.
4. How do you keep yourself motivated? I keep myself motivated by always being true to myself and constantly growing and learning. I exercise, I get out in nature, I try to discover new ways of thinking about things, I love mantras and positive quotes. And if I’m not expressing myself artistically in some way, I tend to get very blah. So I need a happy balance of exploring, doing, and creating to keep myself motivated.
5. What weird food combinations do you enjoy? This is a weird one, and honestly I have no clue how it started. Corn with ketchup. It sounds weird, but it’s really delicious.
Did You Enter This Week’s Giveaway?